solicitors, commissioners for oaths, conveyancing, conveyances, wills, matrimonial, divorce, probate, corporate, commercial, company, leases, contracts of employment, inheritance tax, planning, burton, derby
We can help guide you through the complex and confusing processes involved both in buying and selling your home. Why not contact us now for an informal and friendly discussion with one of our experienced team? We can give independent guidance about choosing an estate agent, surveys and valuations, searches and enquiries and the processes that take place to conclude the transaction successfully.
We are small and friendly. We operate on a team approach to ensure that someone is readily available to talk to you and to help. When you decide to go ahead, we will give you the name of the team members assigned to you. If you have not already taken the opportunity to meet us, we will invite you in, if you are local, for a discussion.
Our skilled team can also deal with other property related matters including re-mortgages, equity transfers and releases, leases and commercial conveyancing.
We will give you an estimate of the costs involved as soon as you contact us. In fact if you email us we will can send you a form to complete that will enable us to reply with an estimate of costs.
Timescales for residential conveyancing You should bear in mind that if you are in a chain of sellers and buyers the conveyancing process will go at the speed of whoever happens to be the slowest.
It is likely that in a freehold transaction there is likely to be a minimum period of 8 weeks before the matter can complete. Leasehold transactions may take longer because it might be necessary to obtain information from the Landlord or any Management Company, but it would be likely to take a minimum of 10 weeks.
With regard to our services we do not advise on taxation and if you are selling an investment property you should consider taking advise from an appropriate person on capital gains tax liability. We will complete a Stamp Duty Land Tax Return form for you based on the information that you supply us and arrange payment of the tax if you put us in funds but we do not advise on stamp duty land tax mitigation.
We do handle the following for you:-
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Check finances are in place to fund purchase and contact lender's solicitors if needed
- Receive and advise on contract documents
- Carry out searches
- Obtain further planning documentation if required
- Make any necessary enquiries of seller's solicitor
- Give you advice on all documents and information received
- Go through conditions of mortgage offer
- In leasehold cases where you are buying prepare any document required by the Landlord such as a permission to transfer (licence to assign) or direct agreement with the landlord that you will observe the lease ( a deed of covenant)Please not the landlord or management company will charge fees which will probably be in the region of £100.00 to £300 plus vat
- Send final contract & transfer to you for signature
- Draft Transfer
- Advise you on joint ownership
- Obtain pre-completion searches
- Agree completion date (date from which you own the property)
- Exchange contracts and notify you that this has happened
- Arrange for all monies needed to be received from lender and you
- Complete purchase
- Deal with payment of Stamp Duty/Land Tax
- Deal with application for registration at Land Registry
Typical Conveyancing Fees: [ HERE]
Contact Us: [ HERE]
Typical costs to complete a Leasehold purchase: [ HERE ]
Typical costs to complete a Freehold purchase: [ HERE ]