These examples are given in order to comply with regulatory requirements and in order to be as helpful to you as possible. We are not offering to enter into a contract to supply services on these terms. We would be delighted if you would like to approach us about any matter you would like us to help with and we will provide you with a personalised statement of the likely costs and give you details of our terms of business.
Applying for the grant, collecting and distributing the assets
We anticipate this will take between 6 and 20 hours of work at £210 per hour plus vat. Total costs estimated at £1,260 plus vat to £4,200 plus vat.
The exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances of the matter. For example, if there is one beneficiary and no property, costs will be the lower end of the range. If there are multiple beneficiaries, a property and multple bank accounts and shares, cost will be at the higher end.
We will handle the full process for you. This quote is for estates where:-
- There is a valid will
- There is no more than one property
- There are no more than 20 bank or building society accounts
- There are no other intangible assets
- There are no more than 10 beneficiaries
- There are no disputes between beneficiaries on division of assets. If disputes arise, this is likely to lead to increase in costs
- There is no inheritance tax payable and the executors do not need to submit a full account to HMRC
- There are no claims made against the estate.
Disbursements below will be in addition to our fees:-
- Probate application fee of £155
- £7 Swearing of the Oath (per executor)
- Bankruptcy only Land Charges Department searches (£2 per beneficiary)
- £90 - Post in the London Gazette and Local Newspaper - Protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Potential additional costs
- If there is no Will or the estate consists of any share holdings, stocks and bonds, there is likely to be additional costs that could range significantly depending on the estate and how it is to be dealt with. We can give you a more accurate quote once we have more information.
- If any additional copies of the grant are required, they will cost 50p, 1 per asset usually.
- Dealing with the sale or transfer of any property in the estate is not included.
How long will this take?
On average, estates that fall within this range are dealt with within 2-6 months. Typically, obtaining the Grant of Probate takes 2-3 weeks. Collecting assets then follows, which can take between 2-4 weeks. Once this has been done, we can distribute the assets, which normally takes 2-3 weeks.
Probate - Obtaining the Grant, Fixed fee
We can help you through this difficult process by obtaining the Grant of Probate on your behalf. You are then free to deal with the assts and distributon of the estate yourself.
How much does this service cost?
TOTAL: fixed fee of £500 plus vat
This includes: Completing the documents necessary to apply to the Court for a Grant of Probate, attending upon you on the signing, submitting the application to the Court, and receiving the Grant.
- Probate Court fee of £155 plus 50p per additional copy
- £7 Swearing of the Oath, per executor
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
As part of our fixed fee we will:-
- Provide you with a dedicated and experienced probate solicitor to work on your matter
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries
- Accurately identify the type of Probate application that you will require
- Obtain the relevant documents required to make the application
- Complete the Probate application and the relevant HMRC forms
- Draft a legal Oath for you to swear
- Make he application to the Probate Court on your behalf
- Obtain the Probate
On average, obtaining a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration takes 3-4 weeks
If a Power of Attorney is required to enable someone else to take out the Grant on behalf of the Executor or Administrator, then there will be an additional charge of plus vat.
Contact Us: [ HERE]